When it comes to dish with gravy, I prefer my meat to be soft and tender. I am not a big fan of fried food or deep fry. The crave comes once in awhile so it is okay for me.
Prep takes about 15-20 minutes, if you are good with knives and blender.
1/2kg of chickens
coconut milk (200 ml)
cloves, anise, cinnamon, cardomom seeds
1 red onion
chili green paste (blend green chilies, onions, shallots & garlic)
1 potato (cut to wedges/cube)
- Stir sliced onion, cloves, anise, cinnamon sticks and cardomom seeds in a hot enamel pot that has a little bit of oil.
- Add in green chili paste.
- Add in 4 tbsp of kurma spice. Mix well.
- Put in the chickens and coat them evenly about 5 minutes. Close pot with a lid.
- Pour half pot of water and add in wedges.
- Once chicken and wedges are cooked, add in coconut milk and also some salt.
- Dish is ready to be served.
Kurma ayam is best eaten with rice and of course! an omelette.