Four more days to Syawal 1436! WHY AM I SO EXCITED!!!
On my previous post, I did mention that I was busy preparing and baking cookies for this year Eid and I wanna share you on what I have been baking.
I made blueberry cornflakes.
Made two batches of these babies. Boyfriend approved and loves them. And my mom was surprised to see me bake a different type of cookies this year. Hahaha.
Very easy to bake and it takes only 1 hour & half of your time to prep and bake! I will tell you how.
1/2 cup of caster sugar
a pinch of salt (well… i pinched twice)
125g of butter (salted)
2 cups of cornflakes & crunch them
1/3 of dried blueberries
1 cup of self raising flour
1. Heat oven at 160° over 10 minutes.
2. Mix butter and caster sugar into a big bowl by using a stand mixer. Mix till it becomes creamy and add in the egg.
3. Once everything is mixed, slowly put in the flour and dried blueberries.
4. Use a spatula to add in the cornflakes. I used silicone spatula; easy and fast!
5. Slowly roll your batter into a circle.
6. Spread either a parchment sheet or apply butter at your baking tray.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or till your babies turn golden brown.
8. Put aside to cool and let them chill.
And my babies are done! Freshly baked from/at home! I have to be honest, I am not a bake type of person. I prefer cooking over baking but sometimes you have to try something different for your family and your loved ones! Enjoy!